Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The new word

Why have you decided to leave me now
we were walking side by side
but the two paths we traverse
were so slowly
bending away from each other
i never recognized
it
until now i have to shout
for you to hear me

I could have done things better
I could have come
closer to you
I should have
but it seemed like you were
repulsed
with every step I eventually made

Now you yell to me
"I love you!
but,"
but never used to be apart of it
now its all I hear

BUT
you need to work on some things
BUT
you need to think about me
BUT
you shouldn't have been like that

I'm sorry for those things
but
mostly im sorry
that now that you see me
the way i really am
for the first time
it's not what
you thought you wanted

Now, i'm the toy that's the wrong color
you could still play with me
but I still see
the disappointment
written all over your face

I'm not ready to give up
on us
BUT
if I'm not what you thought you had
could I ever really be?

No comments: